- This event has passed.
Trauma and the Brain
March 18 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm EDT
Brain Week Rhode Island and Sojourner House present a collaborative panel to open up dialogue between science, advocacy, and the community.
Specifically, we will cover these topics:
- Biological effects of childhood trauma;
- How to assess trauma in children, adolescents, and young adults;
- How to mitigate trauma (discussion/ workshop);
- And more!
Our panelists will include:
- Kevin Bath, PhD who’s research lab focuses on understanding how adverse experiences early in life alter the trajectory of neural development and genetic mechanisms supporting those changes. Dr. Bath also collaborates with groups working with humans in diverse environments.
- Lauren Palmaccio, LMHC who has expertise in cognitive behavioral & strength-based therapy and treats trauma in all age groups. Lauren is a certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP).